Further to the recent communications on the changes to the Handicap Rules, effective from the 1st October, attached please find a printable Summary of the Handicap Rules.
The full version of the Handicap Rules can be viewed here.
- Please remember the following key issues:
If you are using the HNA phone App, please update it so that it is compatible with the new GolfRSA Handicap Rules, effective from 1st October 2019.
- Please remember to make sure your round is Registered/Opened on the system by your club prior to play. If it has not been opened by the Club, you can Open/Register the round on the system using your phone App or the Club Terminal before you play.
- You have to register/open a round on the system before you can enter a score. If you have already played the round and wish to enter a score, you still need to register/open the round first before entering the score.
- There is a new 24-hour maximum time limit to enter a score, after which you will incur a penalty. The 24 hours starts from 23h00 on the day of play to 23h00 the following day.
Handicap changes include:
- Maximum Score – Net Double Bogey
- Average of the best 8 Differentials of the last 20 Rounds.
- Exceptional Score Changed
- 9-Hole Course Handicap and revised 9-Hole calculation
- All Match Play scores must be entered into the Handicap System
Please read through the summary manual to familiarise yourself with the changes.